The woods from Saint-Pierre to Poitiers, with a total surface area of about 248 hectares, have become a leisure base with a zoo, swimming pool, pony club, nature trails...
The woods of Saint-Pierre consist of two distinct parts, a managed area and a wilderness area.
The developed area of 75 hectares is composed of :
- From a animal parkCreated in 1968, it brings together over 200 European and exotic animals on 5 hectares.
Every week, guided tours and educational workshops are given by a leader (information and reservations: 05.49.41.64.70).
Opening: Through March 31: every day from 10am to 4:45pm.
From April 1st (and until winter closing) Wednesdays, weekends, holidays and school vacations in zone A: from 10am to 6:45pm; all other days: from 10am to 5:45pm.
- The pony-club offers you the opportunity to discover the woods of Saint-Pierre in a horse-drawn carriage or by pony rides, either free or accompanied.
- The pool with 2 circular pools and a paddling pool, open during the summer only : Tel : 05 49 88 55 41. Prices between 2.10€ and 3.50€, free for children under 5 years old.
Warning: Due to water restrictions in the department, Grand Poitiers has decided not to use the adult pool (the deepest one) for the 2022 summer season.
- Nature trails, an orientation trail, plains and playgrounds, picnic areas, a rock garden, water features including a 2 ha pond open to fishing.
- A Guinguette mini-golf : lunch, afterwork, brunch on Sunday, concerts... And the possibility to play mini-golf at 4€ per person.
Accessible to persons with reduced mobility