The roughly rectangular enclosure consists of high curtain walls, once crenellated and flanked by solid cylindrical turrets.
The entrance is defended by a stunner and a portcullis but without a drawbridge.
The rectangular keep with flat buttresses was refurbished in the 16th century. On the ground floor there is a vaulted prison whose outer door, when open, blocks the door of the dungeon.
Adjacent to the keep, the very remodelled dwelling houses rooms in which entertainment is offered in the summer season.
OPENING HOURS AND PERIOD
Opening hours to the public :
The courtyard of the Château d'Harcourt is open to the public from June 1st to September 30th (except for events): from 2pm to 6pm and in July and August from 10am to 6pm depending on the programme of events.
The castle is also currently hosting a free entrance exhibition on the Middle Ages entitled: "1372, Chauvigny... good town and chaste grans" as well as an escape game upon reservation.
Guided tours :
At fixed times for individuals and, for groups, by reservation all year round, from the Chauvigny Museum and Heritage Service: information, rates, conditions and reservations on 05 49 46 35 45.
Escape game :
« La malédiction de la fresque » : sur réservation (3 à 6 joueurs).
Juin et septembre : vendredi 18h30, samedi 18h et dimanche 11h.
Juillet et août : mardi, mercredi , vendredi et dimanche à 11h, mardi et jeudi à 18h et le samedi à 15h.
Rates : 3 joueurs 27€, 4 joueurs 25€, 5 joueurs 23€,
6 joueurs 21€.